Out of an abundance of caution, the Ingham County Clerk’s Office will be closed to the public until further notice.
Filing for office is not something that must be done in-person, as the paperwork may be mailed to the appropriate official.
Candidates for certain County, State Representative, or Precinct Delegate offices who file with the Ingham County Clerk may submit their complete and notarized Affidavit of Identity & Receipt of Filing (including petitions or filing fee) via mail to P.O. Box 179, Mason, MI 48854.
Blank petition forms can be provided by mail to petition circulators.
Please email email@example.com or call 517-676-7255 for more information.
- Affidavit of Identity and Receipt of Filing
- For use by candidates for all offices except Precinct Delegate
- Form must be notarized and submitted to the correct filing official with $100 filing fee or petitions (as applicable) by filing deadline
- For Judicial Candidates Only:
- Affidavit of Consitutional Qualification for Non-Incumbent Judicial Candidates
- Affidavit of Candidacy for Incumbent Judicial Candidates
- Affidavit of Identity - 2020 Precinct Delegate
- Notarized form filed with the County Clerk by May 5, 2020
|2020 Offices in Ingham County||Filing Official|
|U.S. Senator||Secretary of State|
|U.S. Representative (8th District)||Secretary of State|
|State Board of Education, MSU Trustees, University of Michigan Regents & Wayne State Governors||Secretary of State|
|Supreme Court, Circuit Court, & District Court Judges||Secretary of State|
|Ingham County-wide Office
(Sheriff, County Clerk, County Treasurer, Prosecuting Attorney, Drain Commissioner, Register of Deeds)
|Ingham County Clerk|
|Ingham County Probate Judge||Ingham County Clerk|
|Ingham County Commissioner||Ingham County Clerk|
|State House (Districts 67-69)||Ingham County Clerk|
|Precinct Delegate (Ingham County Precincts)||Ingham County Clerk|
(Supervisor, Clerk, Treasurer, Trustee)
|City Official (Mason & Williamston Cities Only)||City Clerk|
|School Board Member||School District Election Coordinator (contact County Clerk for more information)|
|Village Office||Township Clerk|