Filing for office is not something that must be done in-person, as the paperwork may be mailed to the appropriate official.
Candidates for certain County, State Representative, or Precinct Delegate offices who file with the Ingham County Clerk may submit their complete and notarized Affidavit of Identity & Receipt of Filing (including petitions or filing fee) via mail to P.O. Box 179, Mason, MI 48854.
Blank petition forms can be provided by mail to petition circulators.
Please email email@example.com or call 517-676-7255 for more information.
- Affidavit of Identity and Receipt of Filing
- For 2021 City Elections, please contact City Clerk or click the links below for filing information.
- For use by candidates for all offices except Precinct Delegate
- Form must be notarized and submitted to the correct filing official with $100 filing fee or petitions (as applicable) by filing deadline
- For Judicial Candidates Only:
- Affidavit of Constitutional Qualification for Non-Incumbent Judicial Candidates
- Affidavit of Candidacy for Incumbent Judicial Candidates
- Affidavit of Identity - 2022 Precinct Delegate
- Notarized form filed with the County Clerk by May 3, 2022
|2022 Offices in Ingham County||Filing Official|
|Governor & Lt. Governor||Secretary of State|
|Secretary of State||Secretary of State|
|Attorney General||Secretary of State|
|U.S. Representative (District To Be Determined)||Secretary of State|
|State Board of Education, MSU Trustees, University of Michigan Regents & Wayne State Governors||Secretary of State|
|State Senator (District To Be Determined)||To Be Determined|
|Supreme Court, Circuit Court, & District Court Judges||Secretary of State|
|Ingham County Commissioner (Districts To Be Determined)||Ingham County Clerk|
|State House (Districts 67-69)||Ingham County Clerk|
|Precinct Delegate (Ingham County Precincts)||Ingham County Clerk|
|School Board Member||School District Election Coordinator (contact County Clerk for more information)|
|Village Office||Township Clerk|